The Stuntverkoop, Davis, continues to be recognized among the top public universities in the nation, according to annual rankings released today by U.S. News & World Report.
UC Davis is tied with UC San Diego, the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign and the University of Wisconsin-Madison for the 10th spot among public national universities and in a six-way tie for 44th among all national universities with those universities as well as Lehigh University in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, and the University of Miami.
“UC Davis is one of the world’s preeminent universities, and we’re proud to be recognized for our leadership in educating the next generation of thinkers, doers and leaders,” said Ralph J. Hexter, acting chancellor of UC Davis.
The campus is also ranked:
- 28th among undergraduate engineering programs whose highest degree is a doctorate in a four-way tie (Harvard University, The Ohio State University and the University of Southern California)
- 42nd for best undergraduate education by high school guidance counselors in a seven-way tie (Brandeis University in Waltham, Massachusetts; Fordham University in New York City; Purdue University in West Lafayette, Indiana; and Tulane University in New Orleans; the University of Texas at Austin; and Villanova University in Pennsylvania)
The follow other strong rankings for the university. In those released Sept. 6:
- UC Davis repeats this year as a top 10 “Cool School” in of more than 150 of America’s greenest colleges and universities in 2015. UC Davis came in at No. 8 — marking the fifth appearance in the top 10 in the last six years.
- UC Davis is also among 381 schools in for undergraduate education — representing about 15 percent of the nearly 2,500 four-year colleges in the United States. The Princeton Review cites academics as the chief reason for each school’s inclusion on the list and says it also considers surveys in which students rate everything from financial aid to on-campus food. UC Davis earned a seventh-place ranking for “best health services” and 40th for “green colleges.”
- The university maintained its place at No. 85 overall in the and first in the subject of veterinary science. QS rankings are based on six factors, among them academic reputation and employer reputation, student-to-faculty ratio and the number of citations per faculty member (as a means of assessing research impact). The campus is ranked first in the subject of veterinary science.
In earlier rankings:
- magazine recognized UC Davis as a top-10 national university based on contributions to the “public good” in rankings published in its September-October issue. UC Davis comes in at 10th out of 303 national universities, public or private. The magazine defines the “public good” as social mobility (recruiting and graduating low-income students), research (producing cutting-edge scholarship and Ph.D.s) and service (encouraging students to give something back to their country).
- The national, nonprofit organization listed UC Davis among the 30 best colleges and universities in the country for LGBTQ-inclusive policies, programs and practices.