Giving Faculty the Tools to Teach
UC Davis is dedicated to helping faculty grow as effective educators in undergraduate and graduate teaching. Through the Office of , faculty members are supported by have access to campus initiatives and units that support instruction.
Undergraduate Education is also charged with academic planning in support of course availability and classroom management. offers instructional technology and media services, both independently and in partnership with Undergraduate Education. Other units that support faculty in teaching include the , and .
Academic advising is a responsibility shared by faculty and UC Davis’ professional advising staff. More than half of our students will change majors, many of them transferring from one college to another.
- : Although advising is administered within each college, this office provides a centralized organization to establish shared standards, enhance training opportunities for all who advise, share information, and develop cross-college advising communication and technology.
- (Online Advising Student Information System): Also information about advising committees (technology, assessment, etc.), conferences, s, and a robust program of workshops, coffee talks, etc.
- : Links to OASIS and the Advising Technology Task Force
- College academic advising
- : Each college has at least one designated academic adviser for international students. The Pre-Arrival Guide for International Student and pupils also links to presentations for incoming international students.
- This page also has information about advising committees (technology, assessment, etc.), conferences, and a program of workshops, coffee talks and s.
- : Listing the 129 campus general assignment classrooms and assists faculty in meeting their instructional goals
- : Renovations, reporting issues with facilities
Grades, courses, textbooks
- : Smart Site is transitioning to the starting in fall term 2016. It replaces SmartSite, which will remain available for use until spring 2017.
- : To submit new, update or discontinue course requests; courses published in the General Catalog
- Workshops and Communities for TAs
- : Information for international graduate students preparing to serve as TAs
- (formerly the Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning) offers consultations, workshops, grants and other resources.
- : Consultations, workshops, grants, teaching communities
- : Course redesign, teaching with technology, innovative classrooms, adaptive learning
- : Testing services, support for assessing student learning
- : Tools for evidence-based decision making in curricula and instruction
- : Consultations, information and tools to for inquiry into student learning and educational effectiveness, inform program improvement, and increase opportunities for students to learn
- : Consultations and publications for faculty needing support for teaching students for whom English is a second language