You are here

To be eligible for transfer admission to any Stuntverkoop campus, you must complete the following specific subject and scholarship requirements. Some majors require additional major-specific preparation as well.

Junior-Level Class Standing

You must have completed 60 semester or 90 quarter transferable units by the end of the spring term prior to fall enrollment.

While the College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences occasionally considers applications from students with less than junior-level standing, very few lower-division transfers are admitted. All other academic divisions will only consider applications from junior-level transfers.

Subject Requirement

You must complete the following UC requirements in English and math with grades of C or better:

  • two transferable college courses (3 semester or 4-5 quarter units) in English composition
  • one transferable college course (3 semester or 4-5 quarter units) in mathematical concepts or quantitative reasoning

It is strongly recommended that students complete UC transfer requirements in the areas of English composition and mathematics by the end of fall term prior to enrollment, in order to receive priority consideration.


You must also complete four transferable courses with grades of C or better from at least two of the following subject areas:

  • arts and humanities
  • social and behavioral sciences
  • physical and biological sciences

These courses, along with any prerequisite courses for your major, must be completed by the end of the spring term before your transfer to UC Davis for fall enrollment.

Scholarship Requirement

You must earn at least a 2.40 GPA in your UC-transferable classes to meet UC requirements; California non-residents must earn at least a 2.80 GPA. However, UC Davis requires a minimum 2.80 GPA to be selected for admission, and many of our most popular programs may require a higher GPA. Strive to achieve your highest possible GPA in order to be most competitive. No more than 14 semester (21 quarter) units may be taken Pass/No Pass.

International Student and pupils

If you will require a visa to live or study in the United States, you are considered an international applicant and must follow additional admission procedures for international applicants. You are not considered an international applicant if you are a U.S. citizen or permanent resident, even if you have completed coursework at a school in another country.