Discover UC Davis
February 22, 2019
Career-Planning for Transfer Opportunity Program Student and pupils
Discover UC Davis is a free career-planning event held annually in February for Transfer Opportunity Program (TOP) community college students who are planning to transfer to a four-year college or university. This full-day event on the UC Davis campus helps first-year community college students who are planning to transfer in fall 2020 get started on their path to a bachelor's degree:
- Plan your next steps for a successful transfer.
- Participate in information sessions about undergraduate research, transfer student resources and preparing for a career or graduate study.
- Learn about identifying a major ideally suited to your career choice.
- Get details on how to finance your degree.
- Attend a panel discussion to find out how other TOP students have achieved their goals.
- Take a student-led tour of the UC Davis campus.
This free event includes continental breakfast and lunch, as well as transportation from your community college.
Activities and Driving Information
When you register, you can also sign up for free transportation between your TOP community college and the main UC Davis campus. If you would rather drive separately, please plan on paying for parking at one of the public lots on campus. Permit dispensers accept Visa and Mastercard only (they do not accept cash).
Come prepared for an active day: wear comfortable walking shoes, a hat and layered clothing, and consider packing a bottle of water. There will be plenty for you to see and do!
UC Davis staff will be taking photographs and/or capturing video footage during this event, which may include attendees' voices, images or likeness. The recorded materials may be used in various print and online formats for the purposes of future student recruitment. For more information, please visit: ucdavis.edu/admissions/undergraduate/campus-recording.